Most homeowners take their AC unit for granted until it fails. And when that happens, they quickly discover what an essential service it was providing to their home. You can avoid that miserable few days and nights without the comfort of cool air by paying a little attention to the clues that your AC unit is giving you. When you notice any of these indicators or any issue, a fast call to (318) 202-9144 to schedule a visit from Gordon AC & Plumbing could save you a great deal of discomfort in the heat as well as a considerable repair bill when your AC unit completely fails.
- If you notice that your home just isn’t as cool and comfortable as it used to be, then chances are, there is something not right with your AC unit. This might include things like the AC continually running, odd sounds when the AC is running, or having to drop the setting on your thermostat just to reach a comfortable temperature. All of these are signals that something is not right and needs the attention of a trained professional.
- If you now dread summer just because of the enormous energy bills that come from running your AC, then something is not right. Current Ac models are more energy-efficient than ever, and your utility bills should not be skyrocketing just because you are running your AC. The solution could be as simple as a professional cleaning and a tune-up of your current AC, or this could be a sign that the unit is past its prime and should be replaced.
- Low or no airflow from your AC is a clear sign that there is a problem. The cool air should always circulate in the same manner throughout your home. If you notice that the cool air is no longer reaching certain areas, it is time for a maintenance call. The problem could be a blockage in the ductwork or an issue with the fan itself. Only a trained AC professional will be able to answer this question and provide you with solutions.
- If you ever notice a leak coming from your AC unit, there is definitely a problem. There should never be any liquid coming from this unit. And never assume that you are only noticing condensation. Every AC unit has a specific pipe that carries the condensation outside your home. If the moisture is anywhere, but at that pipe, you have a problem that requires immediate attention from an AC professional. Call (318) 202-9144 to avoid further damage to your AC unit and possible contamination of your home.
- Short cycling is the term for your AC turning on and running for just a few minutes before turning off again. This short cycle frequently happens, so you might notice the unit running for less than 5 minutes, shutting off but then turning on again just a few minutes later. This is not a normal cycle or process for any AC unit, and it will cause undue wear to the unit. You will also find that when your AC is short cycling, your home does not feel as cool and comfortable as it had in the past.
- There is always a certain amount of sound associated with any appliance that is running. But you should not hear any rattling or odd noises when your AC unit is cooling your home correctly. If you hear unusual sounds, a call to (318) 202-9144 for service is the best way to avoid further damage to your AC. Also, you have lived with your AC unit for years, and you know the level of sound that it produces. If that level of noise suddenly increases, there could be a problem with the unit. A call to the pros at Gordon AC & Plumbing is the best way to ensure that there is no issue and that your AC will not fail.
We all rely on AC units to keep our homes comfortable. And while we don’t really give much thought to this mechanical wonder when it is doing its job correctly, all of that can change very quickly if it is not maintained correctly. When you notice any of these six issues related to your AC unit, call (318) 202-9144 immediately to avoid living in a hot box for a few days and an expensive repair bill to fix your broken AC.